Study in Australia – information about living and studying in Australia

Study In Australia 

Study in Queensland – information about living and studying in Queensland

Study In Queensland 

Living in Australia

Living in Australia 

Life in Australia Book (translated versions)

Life in Australia Book 

My Future – career information and resources provided as a joint initiative of the Commonwealth, state and territory governments

My Future 

Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)

CRICOS Education 

Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework – factsheets about the Education Services for Overseas Students framework

ESOS framework 

Tuition Protection Service – – assists international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study:

Tuition Protection Service 

Department of Immigration and Border Protection – student visa information:

Student Visa Information 

State and Territory Ombudsman’s offices – take complaints about public education providers in Australia:

State and Territory Ombudsman’s offices 

Fair Work Ombudsman – takes complaints about work rights and breaches of workplace laws

Fair Work Ombudsman 

Surrounding areas to visit



Gold Coast Queensland 

Gold Coast 


Visit Sunshine Coast 

Activities Sunshine Coast Queensland 

Sunshine Coast 



Discover IPSWICH 


Bringing Family

Most student visas allow you to bring your family members to Australia as your dependants (check your individual circumstances DIBP website).  Family members include your spouse, and you and your spouse’s dependent children.  Before bringing your spouse or children to Australia, you will have to prove that you can support them financially. The cost of supporting a family in Australia is high. You may have to consider and discuss many issues with your family.

Issues to Consider

Rather than bringing your family together with you to Australia, some students may find it useful to arrive first, settle into studies, find appropriate accommodation, adjust to living in Australia and then arrange for their family to join them.

Before making a decision to bring your family to Australia it is important to consider the following issues:

  • The cost of airfares for your family to and from Australia;

  • Possible higher rent for a larger home;

  • Limited employment opportunities for your spouse;

  • Extra costs for food, clothing and other necessities;

  • The effect on you and your studies if your family is not happy in Australia;

  • Whether your children will adjust to school in Australia;

  • Waiting lists for child care centres; and

  • Whether to come alone to Australia first and arrange things for your family or to all come at the same time.

For more information visit:

More Information 


There are two types of schools in Australia – State schools and independent schools. Study for your children will incur extra fees. Contact the schools directly for more details.


Directory of State and Independent Schools Brisbane

Brisbane Schools 

Overseas student health cover (OSHC)

Overseas student health cover (OSHC) is insurance that provides cover for the costs of medical and hospital care which international students may need while in Australia and is mandatory for international student visa holders.

OSHC will also cover the cost of emergency ambulance transport and most prescription drugs.

OSHC FACTSHEET (Australian Government)

Regulatory Information 

Comprehensive Questions and Answers

Comprehensive Questions and Answers 

Australian laws and travel tips

Law and Justice 


Tourism and Travel 

State Tourism and Travel